COVID-19 Update: Please click here for patient safety protocols.
Our goal is to provide a safe environment for our patients and staff, and to advance the safety of our local community.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice and you may have seen this during your visits to our office. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued.
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you are at the office.
- Parents and patients entering the office will have their temperatures checked. And by the way, our Kids Smile team members will have their temperatures checked upon entering the office as well.
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office.
- Parents and patients (2 years old and older) entering the office will be required to be wearing face coverings that cover noses and mouths.
- You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys, iPads, and so forth. We will continuously clean the frequently touched areas such as door handles, chairs, benches, counter spaces, etc. throughout the day.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. This will likely mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
- We will be limiting the reception room to patients with an appointment and 1 parent/legal guardian per family.
- Only one parent or legal guardian is allowed to accompany a young child to the open bay area. For the older child, you will be asked to remain in the reception area unless requested to come in.
- Due to limited space in our office, we ask you not to come to the appointment with other children who do not have appointments.
- We will be limiting what procedures are offered based on the current county risk level.